Wednesday 29 January 2014

A word from MUM about your student accommodation

Since my son moved to Nottingham to study at university last year I have tried my best to keep my beak out of his business and let him get on with things in his own way. But as any parent will understand this really is easier said than done, especially when everything, despite their independence they still seem to come knocking when they need more money!
Well next term he will be moving out the halls of residence and into private student accommodation. I think this is quite a big deal, and there are several points to consider before making this important transition. Well I must be over thinking it or something because although my son is excited about the move and has already worked how who he will be sharing with and how wild the partying will be, he has gave little consideration to the financial aspect of the move. So I will be heading down to Nottingham at the weekend to hopefully give him a gentle nudge in the right direction. The university seems to be a good place to get some initial advice about how much the rent should be, and where the bulk of student accommodation is etc. Then I think we will do the rounds of some local letting agencies, i’ve already contacted a couple online and arranged some viewings at some potential properties.

Hopefully my son will appreciate my input and not just think I am interfering. But I need to know he is safe, not getting ripped off and fully equipped to manage in a student property.


No comments:

Post a Comment